We are looking for a full-time Warehouse Supervisor. What does this entail? The perfect candidate will be responsible for keeping the day to day operations of a busy warehouse on schedule and in tip-top shape.
Hours Mon-Fri 8-4
Salary TBD based on experience, 2 week vacation after 6 months
Start date: Latest start date January 1st
Still interested? You should be driven, independent and a forward-thinking individual. Each day is a new challenge, candidates will need to be adaptive and able to take on variable workloads. You must be able to relay complex instructions to labourers while maintaining an organized sequence. There are lots of moving parts and you need to be able to keep ontop of all comings and goings, from people, packaging and product.
Preference will be given to candidates with:
- Minimum 5 years experience in a warehouse setting
- Previous experience managing a team of 5 or more people
- Experience working in a liquor warehouse, or with AGLC/Liquor Connect
- Knowledge of liquor laws and regulations
- Proficiency in math and estimation of resource allocation
- Basic wine and/or beer knowledge
- Proserve Certification (required)
- Class 5 drivers license, clean drivers abstract with minimum 5 years driving experience (required)
- Bondable (required)
- Ability to lift 70 lbs (required)
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Managing a small team, from scheduling to productivity
- Inventory of packaging and products
- Ensuring adequate supply of materials and scheduling orders
- Keeping the warehouse clean and safe
- Ensuring all AGLC guidelines and policies are followed
- Receiving deliveries and organization
- Managing resources and time to ensure fulfilment schedule and goals are upheld
- Going above and beyond, ability to envision a growing process and engineer future efficiencies
We are a strong team, and require that all members participate actively in promoting a healthy, productive and fun work environment. As with any good team member, you should be willing to jump in and help when needed. We also require for you to be organized, able to prioritize efficiently, and address problems with critical thinking. It is imperative that you possess the following qualities and can demonstrate strong leadership skills:
- Detail oriented, thorough, organized and clean.
- Thoughtful and encouraging leader.
- Quick learner – ability to confidently learn new software and systems.
- Exceptional communicator. You can convey your thoughts professionally and clearly.
Beyond all, ability to present yourself and the company in a professional, but friendly and approachable manner. We are a growing company that operates on a fast-pace. All team members must be able to improvise, take initiative, identify opportunities for improvement, create efficiency and have fun!
Submit resume with references to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, December 15th.