We will admit that we are a bit biased in answering this question. Even so, we have a pretty good argument as to why you should look at joining a wine club (if you haven’t already).
There are quite a few different wine clubs on the market these days; however, that wasn’t the case when WineCollective started way back in ’09 (yes, we just aged ourselves). We’re very proud of our history and the almost 10 years that we have spent sharing thousands of bottles of wine with our members.
Regardless of which club you belong to, there are some common benefits you will enjoy:
- Convenience. We are hard pressed to find anyone who doesn’t enjoy the ease of having wine shipped directly to their door.
- Curation. Let the club sift through the millions of bottles and bring you the best of the best.
- Experience. Our members have described receiving their wines as being equal to having “Christmas every month.”
- Education. Wine clubs take pride in sharing their wealth of knowledge with you in a digestible and shareable format.
- Exposure. Try wines that you would have never picked for yourself, or that you would never have had access to otherwise.
We realize that the local liquor retailer might be just around the corner, and maybe you really enjoy shuffling through the aisles looking at the pretty labels. We think of the club as an opportunity to supplement your current wine habits, not entirely replace them.
Your time and hard-earned paycheque are important to us. We hope to reduce the possibility that your random grab at the chain retailer is a dud, and give you a selection of wines that are already pre-vetted to be of top quality and value. You can buy great wine without breaking the bank!
You deserve a gift – even if it’s from yourself. We like to think that wine clubs (and most subscription clubs) are a great way to reward yourself with something great! We want you to be excited when you see your mailman coming (we think that they appreciate us too!)
By taking this wine journey with us, we hope you pick up some tricks and tips along the way and become a more educated wine buyer. Arm yourself with the knowledge to pick that bottle from the shelf or wine list with confidence. You may find wines you appreciate, but don’t love, and others that become your new favourites. The club experience is a great way to find out what you really like in a wine.
WineCollective works hard to find unique and interesting wines for our members, and a large selection of our wines are exclusive to our club. By committing to the club and being part of the collective, you give us the power to search for wines that we think you will love, and that you definitely deserve.