Battling the Winter Blues with Winter Wine!
February can be a pretty hard month. Winter is dragging on, the weather can be extra cold, and spring seems far away. Even though celebrations like Valentine’s Day and Family Day/Louis Riel Day warm our cold hearts, we’re ready for sunshine! With March quickly creeping up on us, we wanted to take a look back at the great wine that got us through the month of February 2020. Hopefully these bottles were shared with loved ones and opened in the warmest of homes. We’re excited about sunnier days and new wine next month, so don’t forget to leave some room in the wine rack! Here’s to high hopes that the snow stays in the mountains, the freezing rain stays in the clouds, and warmer days are ahead.
WineCollective Featured Wine
- Rocca di Montemassi Le Focaie — Sangiovese | Maremma Toscana, Italy
- Real Compañía de Vinos — Tempranillo | Castilla y León, Spain
- Jean-Paul Brun Charme — Chardonnay | Burgundy, France
- El Viejo del Valle — Pinot Noir | Central Valley, Chile
- Jorn Nou Petit Tinto — Garnatxa, Negra, Syrah, Carignan, Merlot | Terra Alta, Spain
- Boutinot Wines La Lisse Soie d’Ivoire — Chenin Blanc | Haute Vallée de L’Aude, France
- Jorn Nou Petit Blanco — Garnacha Blanca, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc | Terra Alta, Spain
- Grounded Wine Public Radio — Grenache, Syrah, Petite Sirah | Paso Robles, USA
- Bodega Chacra Barda — Pinot Noir | Patagonia, Argentina
- Clop Wines Los Clop Reserva — Malbec | Uco Valley, Argentina
- Tommasi Le Prunée — Merlot | delle Venezie, Italy
We hope you loved the winter wine you received in February and members don’t forget: shop the WineCollective online store to stock up on your favourites from the month. If you aren’t a member of WineCollective — Canada’s best wine club — you’re missing out on some really great wine! What are you waiting for?! See you next month when we recap all the amazing March wine or check out last month to see what else we shared!