Try a New Salad
We have all felt burnout in the kitchen. It can get overwhelming having to come up with new ideas all the time for delicious dinners, brunch, and shareable appetizers. Not to mention the extra work that comes in when you want to pair wine with your meal! We want to help you create something new and tasty, so we’re sharing the recipe for a fig and burrata salad that will blow you away.
Fig and Burrata Salad Recipe
- 4 cups of arugula
- 10 oz of Burrata
- 8 to 10 figs (depending on size)
- 2 cups of cherry or grape tomatoes
- Optional: 3 to 4 oz of prosciutto
- 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic reduction
- ground pepper
- flakey or coarse salt
- Cut figs and tomatoes into halves or quarters, depending on preference
- Add arugula, figs, and tomatoes onto a platter or large dish
- Gently pull apart the burrata into bite size pieces and place throughout the platter
- Drizzle balsamic glaze and olive oil, before topping with a few pinches of flakey/coarse salt and ground pepper
- For an extra element, add in chopped pieces of prosciutto
Pairing Wine with Fig and Burrata Salad
Pairing wine with this fresh salad isn’t going to be a huge challenge. There are a number of options when you are serving fresh figs and a soft, mild cheese like burrata. Some wine choices include:
This wine’s zesty acidity and citrus notes pairs nicely with the fresh ingredients in the salad without distracting from the flavours.
Another acidic white wine that won’t outshine your meal. Sauvignon Blanc is known for its herbal attributes, which complement this fresh salad nicely.
Look for a drier bottle of bubbly and you’ll be in for an even more special dinner! The effervescence is a great addition to an already light dish.
The Best Summer Salad
As August comes to a close, we hope this fresh and fun salad is a fun, new way for you to spice up your dinner menu! We love sharing recipes that pair with all kinds of wine. One of the best ways to enjoy wine is alongside great food. Happy cooking!
Want to get exclusive access to even more recipes?
Join WineCollective and receive a selection of curated wines delivered to your door each month. Each wine comes with an interactive tasting guide, pairing suggestions and more!