Cheers to Canada’s 150th!
In celebration of Canada’s 150th birthday, WineCollective and Konzelmann Estate Winery have teamed up to produce wine that will showcase our country.
We need your help!
Konzelmann will be producing a red and a white wine and both need a unique label to celebrate Canada’s birthday. We want YOU to design the labels. Each winner will receive over $1500 in wine-related prizes and ultimate bragging rights!
The theme is ‘Canada’s 150th Birthday’
You can highlight our history, culture, food, diversity, nature, or even, Canadian wine! If you’ve ever dreamed of designing your own wine label, this is your chance!
Who can submit?:
Anyone! All we ask is that you create a label in honour of our fine country and keep the design within the designated specs. Contestants must be of legal drinking age in your residing province.
How to enter: Send your designs to email@example.com
Deadline to enter is January 1st at 9 am MST.
The winner will be decided by a public vote. All submissions received, and meeting criteria, will be shared publicly by WineCollective. The public will vote for their favourite labels. The voting deadline is January 31st, 2017 at 11:59 MST. The winner will be announced February 10th!
The winning labels will be featured on wine produced by Konzelmann and featured in WineCollective packages. Besides bragging rights, the winner will receive a case of the wine with your custom label, a year’s subscription to WineCollective (48 bottles of wine, a value of approximately $1080), a year’s subscription to Tannic and a $150 credit, and a Konzelmann prize package.
- Height 7.62cm (3 inches) x Width 7.62cm (3 inches)
- 300 dpi resolution/ CMYK colour mode
- 0.3175cm (1/8 inch) bleed on all sides
- Straight, orthogonal sides (simple square or rectangle labels rather than die-cut)
- File size maximum 5MB
- Files submitted in PDF format
- Or PSD (all type must be outlined).
- All entries must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please indicate if your label is intended for a red wine, white wine or either.
- Feel free to send along any additional information with your entry, explaining your art and theme, or why you decided to share your submission.
- Once your entry is received, you will be emailed a consent form. Prior to your submission being posted, the form must be signed and returned no later than 11:59 pm MST, January 1, 2017.
Nitty gritty details…
- All artwork must be original. The contestant must own the rights to all the imagery contained in their submission.
- Any artwork submitted that is not deemed original will be disqualified.
- Release forms from models, number and confirmation of any licensed images must be submitted.
- Submissions with trademarked images, nudity, illicit images or profanity will be disqualified.
- All artwork must fit the designated label outline and meet the outlined requirements.
- All required label information will be added to the submission if it is not already included in the submission (wine name, vintage, VQA designation).
- WineCollective reserves the right to disqualify any entries that are deemed inappropriate, offensive or not fitting to the theme.WineCollective may disqualify any entry that does not meet the design requirements or guidelines.
- All contestants must agree to allowing the printing, reproduction and sharing of the submission. Both WineCollective and Konzelmann may use any submissions for promotional or marketing material.
Good luck to all designers! We can’t wait to see your label on Konzelmann’s newest wines!