I was fortunate enough to take a few hours before a wedding in Penticton to tour the Naramata Bench wineries. Well, less of a tour more of a blitz.
It was a stunning day hovering around 28 Celsius (which was a pleasant change from the extended winter we've been having in Calgary). Here's where I went, and also what I decided to pickup (from left to right):
- Soaring Eagle – 2006 Pinot Meunier
- Lake Breeze – 2009 Gewurztraminer
- Township 7 – 2006 Reserve Merlot (love the regular Merlot and apparently this is epic)
- Laughing Stock – 2008 Blind Trust (they have the best wine labels)
- Soaring Eagle – 2007 Pinot Gris
- Red Rooster – Cabernet Merlot
- Township 7 – 2007 Semillon
- Zero Balance – 2008 Project 743
- Therapy – 2009 Pinot Gris
- Black Widow – 2009 Gewurztraminer
On a side note, most of the wines I managed to try showed fairly well, but truly only the whites really stood out. Then again I'm really looking forward to cracking that Reserve Merlot from T7.
If you're ever near Penticton, I'd highly recommend taking a small drive out to Naramata. They have a quaint little town (great coffee shop too), and the scenery is spectacular. Oh and you get the chance to try out lots of wines!