The Perfect Match for an Evening In
Staying in and enjoying a glass or two is not anything new. This is the Saturday night reality for many people and is a reliable way to unwind after a long week. TV and wine are a perfect match and the reality is even more of us are spending much more time at home these days. With social distancing guidelines being in place for the foreseeable future, we thought why not share some staff picks! We are lucky to live in a time when there are many options for movie watching, TV and wine.
The options can be overwhelming, so here are some WineCollective staff viewing picks, along with a great wine to go with it! Sit back and try something new in your glass and on your screen.
WineCollective Staff Picks
- “Anytime I needs a pick me up, I watch Easy A on Netflix. The clever banter and witty retorts get me laughing every time. With spring here now, I’m loving a glass (or two) of the delicious Finca Martha Chardonnay. Oh and don’t forget the popcorn!” – Kerri, Procurement Manager
- “Shameless? How about Shame-more! If you haven’t seen this boisterous, gasp-worthy series, now is the time. With 10 seasons currently out on Netflix and one more in the works, it always has me ready for more. When I sit down to watch an episode (or eight) I like to enjoy a nice, spicy red. My go-to at the moment is a bottle of False Bay Old School.” – Shannon, DTC Manager
- “If you are looking for a couple laughs, like I’m sure we all are at the moment, look no further than Schitt’s Creek, streaming on Netflix and CBC Gem. A Canadian comedy created by father son team Eugene Levy and Dan Levy, this binge worthy comedy pairs well with one of our favourite Canadian wines, the Creekside Pinot Gris. This wine is definitely Alexis approved too.” – Annie, Supply Chain Coordinator
- “Feeling cooped up with cabin fever and wishing you were out exploring the world? Me too! I’ve been diving deep into nature docu series to still feel connected to nature and am currently hooked on Netflix’s Night on Earth. Low-light photography, stunning landscapes, and cute seal pups pair best with adventurous wines – like the Krasno Red Blend from Slovenia.” – Amber, Director of DTC Operations
Wine Was Made for TV Time
- “How can you not be hooked on a show that starts every episode with an expletive bleep? Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist… on CTV combines comedy, drama, and musical theatre. Is there anything funnier and more terrifying than the thought of singing your deepest emotions OUT LOUD?! This TV show pairs perfectly with the unoaked, fruit filled, no-thought-required Gerbera Garnacha.” – Kelly, Customer Experience Coordinator
- “For dry, cynical British humour, you can’t get much better than the short-lived BBC show Black Books on Amazon Prime! It’s a favourite re-watch of mine, who likes to drink like the show’s Bernard Black and enjoy ice-cold Aussie Rosé (try Oakridge ‘Over-the-Shoulder’ Rosé) or Spanish reds like the Nucli Tinto from Bodegas Neleman. – James, Procurement Coordinator
We hope these suggestions help you get through the days and nights at home. TV and wine are a great way to help pass the time, so pop a bottle, and catch up on something new. Cheers!